PRO-FIT LEVEL 2 RE-OPENING FAQS
WHAT SAFETY PROTOCOLS IS PRO-FIT FOLLOWING?
Pro-Fit is a member of the Exercise Association of New Zealand meaning we get updated information regularly. Pro-Fit has closely followed ExerciseNZ's guidelines on best practice for keeping members safe at all times. These guidelines have been developed with both Sport New Zealand and Worksafe using the Ministry of Health’s protocols.
WHAT DOES THE TRAFFIC LIGHT SYSTEM MEAN FOR PRO-FIT?
As of , Friday 3 December 2021, all Pro-Fit Members who have not had their My Vaccine Pass verified by a Pro-Fit Staff member, have had their key fobs temporarily stopped until we verify. You must NOT enter the Pro-Fit Facility unless your key fob is working and have had your My Vaccine Pass Verified.
If you have not had you My Vaccine Pass verified please do as soon as possible to have your key fob re-activated. You can do this by:
1. Email: The Ministry of Health have confirmed that membership based businesses (like gyms) may offer the ability for members to email their My Vaccine Pass with the following conditions:
a. That it is verified using the NZ Pass Verifier App
b. Only the expiry date is recorded in the members records
c. The Email is then deleted. Pro-Fit is aware that My Vaccine Passes must not be stored in any way (including email archives). This means we can allow members who cannot make it to the facility within staffed hours, or just want to do it in advance, can do so efficiently.
2. During Office Hours: One of our Staff will scan your My Vaccine pass and your vaccination status will be entered into our Pro-Fit Membership Database
WHAT IS PRO-FIT DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE?
We have put in place extensive processes and protocols, particularly cleaning to ensure your safety and are following the guidelines set by ExerciseNZ, Sport New Zealand and Worksafe.
- Regular Spot Cleaning of common touch points throughout the gym
- Daily Deep Cleans of the whole facility
- Staffed hours every hour we are open to allow for extensive cleaning schedule and assist members
- Additional hand and equipment sanitation stations
- Members must all bring a sweat towel
- Additional signage around the gym to keep members informed and friendly reminded
- Some of our staff may be wearing masks
WHAT IF I AM AN AT-RISK PERSON 70+ OR UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITIONS- CAN I STILL COME TO THE GYM?
Pro-Fit acknowledges there are particualr members who are at increased risk than others. It is the CHOICE of the INDIVIDUAL to return to the gym.
We advise at-risk people take additional precautions when participating in exercise – including cleaning gym equipment before and after use and taking particular care is correct hand hygiene, i.e. sanitise hands or wash with soap for at least 20 seconds regularly.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Scan your key fob every time you enter and exit the gym
- Sanitise hands on entry and exit
- Bring a sweat towel every time you workout
- Bring a drink bottle
- Wipe down equipment before and after use
WHAT CLEANING DO I NEED TO DO AS A MEMBER?
- Hands must be sanitised before & after use of each piece of equipment
- All equipment used must be sprayed & wiped before & after use (except weight plates- instead sanitise before and after touching)
- You must put your sweat towel over equpiment such as benches & seats during use
- Avoid touching your face
IS PRO-FIT STAFF DOING EXTRA CLEANING?
Yes! You will see us out on the gym floor cleaning more frequently cleaning all common touch points, such as door handles, cubby holes, spray bottles, machine handles and monitors of machines.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE GYM?
You MUST bring a filled drink bottle- you cannot refill it at the gym because the water filter is disabled.
You MUST bring a sweat towel and USE it please. No towel No gym.
HAVE THE GYM HOURS CHANGED?
We now have fully staffed hours at Pro-Fit. Weekday access hours remain the same- 5am-9pm Monday to Friday.
CAN I STILL USE ALL THE SAME EQUIPMENT?
You will notice the equipment has been spread out to allow for social distancing and there is signs on a handful of machines that are out of use. In this case- we have made sure there is another machine/piece of equipment similar.
DO I HAVE TO BOOK TO COME TO THE GYM?
No. Please ensure you maintain physical distancing in the facility and be aware of others particularly at peak times.
There will be essential booking for classes when we get them back up and running.
Here is some signage you will see around the gym